Terms & Conditions
1. About The Big Alcohol Conversation
Data Controller and Owner
GM Health and Social Care Partnership
4th Floor, 3 Piccadilly Place
Owner contact email: email@example.com
One Agency Media is acting as an agent on behalf of The Big Alcohol Conversation and Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership.
2. We may collect the following information:
– Your name, email address, phone number and postcode if you wish to take part.
We don’t seek to collect or process sensitive personal information (known as ‘special category information’). This includes information about someone’s health or religious beliefs for example.
However, in the unlikely event that we do (for example, if a person voluntarily chooses to provide us with such details through the ‘contact’ section of our website or by emailing us); we will ensure this information is kept private and stored securely, if deemed necessary and we have your explicit consent to do so.
3. What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Opportunities to be involved in The Big Alcohol Conversation.
– Internal record keeping.
– Information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send you emails about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes.
– We will only contact you by email or phone.
4. How do we keep your personal information safe?
We look after personal information carefully and undertake several robust security measures:
– We prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of it, by restricting who has access to it
– Our staff receives regular data protection training
– We have a set of detailed data protection procedures which staff are required to follow when handling personal data
– We only store personal information so long as it is required for the purpose(s) we collected it for and we regularly review what information we store and appropriately dispose of that which is no longer necessary
-We regularly update our computers and electronic systems with appropriate fire-wall protection and anti-virus software
-We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the internet or external networks of a user’s own device.
5. Electronic Mail – Opt-in and Opt out
In accordance with The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, you will be given the option to unsubscribe at all times. To unsubscribe from electronic mail-outs, simply follow the unsubscribe link featured on all of our emails.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Your rights
We want our website users to remain in control of their personal information and to ensure this is accurate and up to date.
You can inform us if any information we have for you is incorrect or incomplete and you also have the right to request a copy of your information at any time.
You also have the right for your information to be deleted.
You can request any of the above by contacting us via the contact details provided in section one.
For further details about data protection or privacy rights, you can view the following websites or contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
9. Updates on this Policy
The Big Alcohol Conversation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our website and revise the date shown. We encourage users to check this page regularly to stay informed of any changes and how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect This policy is effective from 25th May 2018 *
*From 25th May 2018 GDPR replaces the former EU data protection law. For further information please go to https://www.eugdpr.org/